Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Family History day

Wednesday

Susan came and picked me up at 12:00 to go see Aunt Blanch. She is my Grampa Dave Brown's brother's wife, so Aunt to my mom.

She lives in a nursing home, and Susan goes and visits during lunch time. I got to have some conversations with her, and she remembered who Raylene was. I showed her this picture below, and she started to smile.


There were a lot of words I couldn't catch, but according to Susan, she was talking a lot more than usual, so that made her happy :)

After that, we went to 25th street to Karen's Cafe

 https://www.facebook.com/pages/Karens-Cafe/304717673866


I ran into Chelsie Ellis!! She works there part time, and it had been sooooo long since I'd seen her last! I think we were in Highschool, so 14 years? Ya, that is depressing.........

We hit the Family History Lirary afterwards, and did a little bit of Familytree studying, and went over to Jeff and Leah's so that Leah could teach us how to do indexing. It was fun :)

It was a good day to discover new things about family and our history.


No comments:

Post a Comment